Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas!

8:44 AM Posted by Unknown No comments
Greetings!

I've always been one to think outside the box and think of possible projects that can help the open source community. While driving during one of my long commutes to Ohio from Virginia, I began to think of something I describe as Project {X}.

The idea came to me when I was thinking of creating a game similar to angry birds. I thought to myself that while I can create all of the logic and server side code needed to implement this, I wouldn't be able to create any of the designs as I am not very good at making things "pretty" or "Eye-catching". I then sat and thought.. I wish there was a website where I can post my idea and if others liked it, they too would invest their time in polishing and making the Idea come to life.

Then it hit me that I can create this website! The website can be best described as GIThub for teams (Project Managers, Devs, Designers, DBA's, etc..)  rather than individual projects. A new comer to the site would come in, register and post their idea for everyone to see. A designer would come along and see this idea in which he would "apply" to be a part of the idea. A DBA and a project manager comes in and see the Idea and decide to do the same. Once the Team is formed, the group leader (Or Idea Holder) would assign roles and get cracking on the development of the Idea with tools provided by my site.

I'll add this to the Projects page and hopefully get interest from you guys to help me out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment