Thursday, May 21, 2015

GITR, The telecommuting robot

9:13 PM Posted by Unknown , No comments
Hello!

As Promised, I'm going to talk a little about the idea behind this robot as well as put up a better video of it. The Idea of GITR came about when I told the company I'm currently work for that I could build a telecommuting robot with a budget of $1,000 or less.

As I was building GITR, I learned a ton about the Arduino boards as well as the possibilities that these boards introduce to us as developers.

After finishing GITR; I realized that it had a multitude of uses. The tablet and the video is controlled via WebRTC. I'm sending data to the servo's via an Arduino board which is receiving commands from .Net. Because I used WebRTC, one person can control the robot while multiple people can log in and have a multi-person telecommuting session.

Aside from having a multi-person video conference meeting; What other market would benefit from having a multi-person conferencing feature on a mobile medium? Healthcare.

What if hospitals had special rooms for these robots for people to log in and check in on their loved ones? What if we had one of these robots in every home to keep an eye out on our parents and children? GITR and even any other telecommuting robot on the market gives us the true ability of being in two places at once and that's the real benefit.

Below is a clearer video of GITR! I hope you guys enjoyed the tid bit of background:


0 comments:

Post a Comment