Friday, September 5, 2014

System Shock 3 Anybody?

7:13 PM Posted by Unknown 2 comments
I felt somewhat nostalgic last night and went back to play some of my older games. I then remembered that my all time favorite game System Shock was on my PC and I proceeded to play for a bit wondering how nice it would be for a System Shock 3.

I then asked my self, Why not create it your self?

After giving it some thought and doing research on the trademark and rights to the game, I've concluded that I can make it happen if I can find a team who is willing to spend the time to recreate this game. Assuming I have a team or at the very least someone who is familiar with blender and unity, I would first create a demo. I would then use the demo and create a new Kickstarter project show casing the demo and asking for funding. Once fully funded, I can purse the rights of the game as well as attempt to buy the trademark off EA or come up with some kind of additional funding on their part to get the game going.

I'll add this to my list of projects.. Couldn't hurt right?

2 comments:

  1. Only if you let me create the artwork and title screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'll keep it in mind if I ever get this out!

    ReplyDelete